Using the Address Bar (Omnibox)
Omnibox is doubles as a search box improves upon the existing capabilities of Omnibar and enhances your search results by pulling results from both your bookmarks and browsing history, enabling you to find previously-visited or starred content with even more ease. Comodo's omnibox is to merge both location and search fields while offering the user some highly relevant suggestions and / or early results.
The omnibox offers:
Searching the web pages and visit web addresses
- Type your search term in the address bar that sits at the top of the browser window
- Or to go to the site, type in the web address of a site, then press 'Enter'.
The bar automatically shows you matches from your apps, bookmarks, and browsing history when you typing in the address bar. Comodo Dragon can use a prediction service to show you related search terms and websites.
The follow icons in the omnibox help you to differentiate between the different items:
- - The bookmark icon appears next to bookmarked sites.
- - The search icon appears next to searches, including related searches if you have the prediction service turned on.
- - The predicted sites icon appears next to matches from your browsing history, or related sites when you have the prediction service turned on.
- - The App icon appears next to web apps you've installed from Web Store.
- Click at the right end of the address bar to create a bookmark. Click here to learn more about adding bookmarks.
Displaying alerts for the page you are on
You will see icons in the address bar if there are things about the page that you should know about:
Performing basic calculations
If you wish to perform some type of calculation or unit conversion, simply input it into the Omnibox.
The result will be displayed right there in the drop-down list.
Click here to learn how to search within page content.