Connecting Web Apps with Web Intents
Many of today’s web based tasks can only be accomplished after independent applications and services have been configured to communicate and share information with each other. This includes tasks like editing documents, sharing images, listening to music and more. Comodo Dragon Web Intents enables this communication to occur. Services register their intention to be able to handle an action on the user's behalf. Applications request the ability to access an action (share, edit, view, pick etc.). Web Intents will find the appropriate services for the user based on the user's preference.
- The Share intent - Gives applications the ability to for sharing data from the current page.
- The Edit intent - Gives applications the ability to edit data from the current page. For example, image manipulation tools and text editors.
- The View intent - Gives applications the ability to view data in ‘their’ application. For example, specialist image tools or audio players.
- The Pick intent - Gives services the ability to allow users to pick files from their service for use in a client application. For example, an image gallery.
To access Web Intents settings:
- Click the Comodo Dragon icon at the top-left corner.
- Select Settings > 'Show advanced settings' link.
- Click 'Content settings' in the Privacy section.
- Scroll down the 'Web Intents' section (Enabled by default).
- Deselect 'Allow Web Intents to enable me to connect my applications' to disable connection your web app to a service.
Click 'Ok' for the setting to take effect.