How to Perform a Log Search of your Incoming Emails
The Log Search option in CASG allows you to search for a specific email message such as mails with virus, unsure mails etc. or all the mails as per your selection in the 'Classification' drop-down.
To perform a log search of your incoming emails
Login to the CASG interface.
|Note: The administrator of your email account should have enabled this feature for you. If this is enabled, the 'Log search' icon will be available in the Dashboard under 'Incoming' configuration area.|
Click 'Log search' from the 'Incoming' drop-down menu in the menu bar or the icon in the 'Incoming' configuration area.
The 'Log search (incoming)' interface of the user will open:
- Date range: Select the date range for which you want to search the log file.
- Sender: Enter the sender email address in this field.
- Recipient: The currently logged in user name will be displayed in this field.
- Sender IP: Enter the IP address of the sender.
- Sender Host: Enter the sender host name.
- Classification: Select the type of email that you want to search from the drop-down options.
- Include results from the last minutes: If selected, CASG will include messages that are currently being migrated from the filtering server to the logging server in the search results.
Click the 'Search' button.
CASG will search for the entered terms and display the results.
Sorting the Entries
Clicking any column heading switches the sorting of the entries based
on the ascending/descending order of the entries as per the information
displayed in the respective column.