Comodo Network Center (CNC) is a web-based application designed to simplify and automate daily administrative tasks for network admins. Using CNC’s friendly web based interface, administrators can:
- Remotely install / re-install operating systems
- Remotely schedule backup and OS installations
- Remotely initiate parallel and /or consecutive OS installations
- Remotely recover non system data
- Remotely initiate and manage backups of endpoint machines
- Remotely take snapshots of disks, partitions, folders and files
- Remotely restore a backup to any endpoint
Tight integration with Microsoft Active Directory and Domain Controller means existing network environments and users can easily be imported and managed (CNC also supports dhcpcd for Linux/Unix systems). Apart from a dedicated ISO Distribution manager, the application further simplifies installation tasks with its 'Templates' feature. Once set, a template can be re-used to install operating systems on multiple computers using exactly the same installation conditions. Templates can also be created for any backup or restore task.
CNC has two distinct modes of operation, ‘Online Mode’ and ‘Offline Mode’. Each of these modes is specifically targeted to accomplish specific tasks. ‘Offline Mode’ is used for OS installation, system rescue and cold backups and requires the target machine to run a special “pre-boot” operating system. In order to use offline mode, CNC acts as a Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) server that provides the operating system to your endpoints. 'Online Mode' is used for snapshot and restore operations – requiring the installation of an agent on the target machine.
This guide is intended to take you through the installation, configuration and use of Comodo Network Center
- Section 1, Comodo Network Center Introduction - An Overview of the application
- Section 2, Dashboard Navigation Pane - Explains configuration and overall application behavior.
- Section 3, Creating Your Comodo Network Center Account Through Comodo Accounts Manager Interface – Step-by-step guide on how to create, login, and manage Comodo Network Center account
- Section 4, Microsoft Active Directory Integration – Describes integration CNC server and Microsoft Active Directory
- Section 5, Comodo Network Center Settings - Detailed view on every stage of security, software configuration, network and user settings
- Section 6, Comodo Network Center Profile – Viewing customer and service information
- Section 7, Using Comodo Network Center Help - Provides the ability to add or remove computers by hand and discover computers in the network
- Section, 8 How To... Tutorials - Contains guidance on how to use various features of the application effectively
- Section 9, Uninstalling Comodo network Center - A brief outline on uninstalling the application.
- About Comodo - Contains company and contact information.