Installing Operating Systems On Computers Using CNC Templates
CNC's template system allows administrators to automate the often repeated exercise of installing operating systems on networked computers. Once set, a template can be re-used to install an OS on multiple computers using the exact same installation conditions.
A Comodo Network Center template determines the type of operating system, user's name, administrator's password, partition location and license agreement. This operating system Installation template is then used to repeat the installation process more than once
Installing an operating system requires CNC distribution kits (ISO) to specify what kind of operation system will be used.
Installation operating system supported
- Windows NT 5.x (Windows XP (32 bit), Windows Server 2003 SP2 (32 bit))
- Windows NT 6.x (Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64 bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit)).
| Note: Configuration installation templates is disable computers
configuration. That allows user to define what he/she 'want' to perform,
but doesn't point to 'where'. This provides an usage of configuration
settings to many computers.
Creating the installation template requires you to follow the installation wizard's steps to determine all configuration settings.
- Step 1 DK selection
- Step 2 OS selection
- Step 3 Configuration
- Step 4 Accounts
- Step 5 EULA
- Step 6 Partition manager
- Step 7 Install summary
To create template for installation process
- Select 'Install' sub-section and click 'Run Install' green button
- The installation process appears on the bottom of Information Panel
- The installation operating system process includes seven steps:
- At the last 'Install summary' step click 'Save as Templates' button on the bottom of the Installation summary window
- The add installation template dialog will open
- Type a template name and description
- Click the 'Save' button
- The confirmation dialog will appear
- Click 'Ok'.
- Click 'Finish' to start the installation process.
- On completion of the task, a message indicating successful completion of the install process will be displayed
- Click 'Ok'