Templates can be created at the end of any installation process by clicking the ‘Save As Template’ button. This will save all configuration options that you have specified up to this point into a re-usable template. This includes operating system, partition on which to install, and which users to create.
Creating the a backup template requires you to follow the backup wizard's steps to determine all configuration settings.
- Select the Backup/Restore from the Dashboard navigation Paned
- Click 'Backup' tab
- The Backup wizard window will open. It consists of six stages:
- Stage 1 Backup source type
- Stage 2 Backup source
- Stage 3 Destination type
- Stage 4 Destination settings
- Stage 5 Destination path
- Stage 6 Backup summary
- The 'Add backup template' window will open, enter a Template name and Description (optional)
- Click the 'Save' button
- A confirmation dialog will display.
- Once you have created the template you can leave the backup wizard by clicking the 'Cancel' button.
- To actually start (or schedule) the backup process, click the 'Finish' button.
To read more on How to create scheduled backups on a target machine, click here.