How To Configure The Network Using External DHCP
To Configure the Network Using External DHCP
- Log in to the CNC server and select 'Configuration' tab from the Dashboard Navigation panel
- Select 'Network configuration' tab. The 'Select DHCP' dialog will open
| Note: The default predefined Login and Password to enter the system is cnc. We strongly recommended you create a new Login and Password for your safety. To learn how to make a new administrative Login and Password click here.
Comodo Network Center configuration is done in four steps:
Step 1 - Select Interface
The first stage allows you to select a CNC network interface.
- Click 'Next' to continue the configuration process or 'Prev' button to return to a previous step
Step 2 - Select DHCP
- Select the type of DHCP server
Step 3 - DHCP Config
The DHCP Configuration interface will open. Comodo Network Center offers the following configuration option: Microsoft DHCP server or ISCDHCP server
User have to register options 066 and 067 to allow an External DHCP server to interact with the CNC server and to successfully complete operating system installation using CNC.
- In the Microsoft DHCP snap-in under “Scope Options”, Check '066 Boot Server Host Name' and type your CNC server's IP address in the 'String value' textbox.
- Then select '067 Bootfile Name' option, type “/pxelinux.0” in the 'String value' textbox
- Click 'OK' for the settings to take effect.
- Click 'Next' to continue the configuration process or 'Prev' button to return to a previous step.
Step 4 - Setup Summary
This step allows you to check whether all previous setting were configured correctly.
- Click 'Finish' to complete the configuration process or 'Prev' button to return to a previous step.
- On successful a completion the confirmation message will be displayed.
- Click 'Ok' to close the dialog.