View Active Process List
The Active Process List interface displays all currently active processes that are running on your PC and the parent application of those processes. By tracing an application's parent process, Defense+ can detect whether a non-trusted application is attempting to spawn an already trusted application and thus deny access rights for that trusted application. This system provides the very highest protection against Trojans, malware and rootkits that try to use trusted software to launch an attack.
To view Active Process list
1. Navigate to Defense+ > Active Process List.
- Application - Displays the names of the applications which are currently running on your PC.
- PID - Process Identification Number.
- Company - Displays the name of the software developer.
- User Name - The name of the user that started the process.
- Sandbox Level – Displays the level of sandbox setting selected for the program.
- Verdict – Displays whether the application is trusted or not.
Right click on any process to:
- Show full path: Displays the location on your location of the the executable in addition to it's name.
- Show Sandboxed Only: Displays the details of the sandboxed programs only.
- Terminate: Shuts down the currently selected process.
- Terminate & Block: Shuts down the currently selected process and places the executable into the Blocked Files section of Defense+.
- Add to Trusted Files: The selected program is added to Trusted Files list.
- Online Lookup: The selected program is compared with the Comodo database of programs and results declared whether it is safe or not.
- Submit: The selected application will be sent to Comodo for analysis.
Comodo Internet Security User Guide | © 2012 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All rights reserved