Comodo Programs Manager helps users to comprehensively and cleanly remove programs, drivers, services and Windows components from home and office computers. Uninstalling a program using program specific uninstallers will often leave behind many unwanted files, folders, settings and registry keys. Comodo Programs Manager is capable of uninstalling an application along with such unwanted remnants.
Unique to the application is the concept of the 'monitored' program. Monitoring a program means that all changes that the software makes to your system are recorded so that they can be completely reversed when you decide to uninstall.
Comodo Programs Manager can also create a backup of a monitored program before uninstalling. This backup will retain any custom settings that you implemented so, if you decide to reinstall at a later date, you won't have to spend time reconfiguring the application. Similar to this functionality, the 'Installable Package' module allows you to create custom installation packages that retain the program's current configuration.
Comodo Programs Manager also features an innovative 'on-access' malware scanner that detects virus infected installers. If a setup file is infected, the application raises an alert and allows you to abort the installation.
This guide is intended to take the user through the installation, configuration and use of Comodo Programs Manager.
- Introduction to Comodo Programs Manager - An Overview of the application
- Hardware and Software Requirements - Minimum required Hardware and Software for the installation
- Installing Comodo Programs Manager - A brief outline of the installation procedure
- Starting Comodo Programs Manager - How to start the application
- The Main Interface - Description of Menus and Options in the main interface
- On Access Scanning - Description of the On-Access scanning feature of the application
- Programs - Introduction - Guidance on managing programs installed in your system
- Uninstalling, Repairing and Changing an Application - Detailed help on every stage of uninstalling, diagnosing and repairing installed applications
- Installable Package Module - Detailed help on creating installable package modules for the applications installed in your system
- Restoring Backup of an Uninstalled Program - Detailed help on restoring the application and configuration settings for an uninstalled application
- Drivers and Services - Introduction - Guidance on managing drivers and services installed in your system
- Uninstalling a Driver or Service - Detailed help on every stage of uninstalling unwanted drivers and services
- Restore Backup - Enables you to reinstall or to use the 'Restore' option
- Windows Features - Introduction - Guidance on managing Windows components
- Adding or Removing Windows Components - Detailed help on enabling and disabling Windows components
- Windows Updates - Introduction - Guidance on managing Windows Updates installed in your system
- Uninstalling Windows Updates - Detailed help on uninstalling unwanted updates and installing new updates
- Checking for Available Updates and Installing Them - Detailed help on checking for Windows Updates that are available but not installed in your system and installing them
- Applications Database – details how you can completely uninstall an application using the paths retrieved from the DB server
- Comodo Programs Manager Settings -Details on configuration of overall behavior of the application
- GeekBuddy - Guidance on configuration and usage of GeekBuddy
- Uninstalling Comodo Programs Manager - A brief outline on uninstalling the application
- Appendix 1 - Encryption Algorithms - Details on Encryption Algorithms used by Comodo Programs Manager for encrypting and storing your backup files
- About Comodo
Comodo Programs Manager User Guide | © 2011 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved.