Installable Package Module
The 'Make Installer' feature allows you to create a self-extracting installation package of a monitored program. The main advantage of this feature is that it can be used to do re-installations in the same system or to do installations on other systems that have the same operating system and service pack. Significantly, all current settings from the target application are retained - so network administrators will find this tool useful to roll-out installations with custom configurations to multiple machines. To know more about creating a self-extractor package and restoring an application from the self-extractor package click the links below:
- Click the 'Programs' link on the left side navigation.
- All the applications in your system will be displayed on the right-hand side of the main configuration area.
- Select the monitored application that has to be extracted.
- The 'Make Installer' and 'Uninstall' buttons will be enabled.
- Click 'Make Installer' button.
- You will be prompted to choose a valid directory to save the the self-extracting executable file. Choose a file and click 'OK'.
- The progress of the extraction will be displayed.
- The self-extracting archive has been created in the selected folder.
- Double-click the self-extractor package file.
The Restore dialog box will be displayed.
- Click the 'Restore' button.
The progress of the restoration of the application will be displayed.
- Click 'Abort' button if you want to abort the installation.
When the restoration of the application is complete, the 'Restore success fully finished' dialog box will be displayed.
- Click 'Finish'. The application will be restored with the original settings.
Comodo Programs Manager User Guide | © 2011 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved.