Uninstalling an Application
Comodo Programs Manager provides two ways to uninstall an application:
- Complete Uninstall. This option is available for Monitored Applications and Data Base Monitored Applications and will comprehensively remove all traces of an application.
- Standard Uninstall. This applies to applications that have not been monitored and will execute the applications ‘standard’ uninstall procedure.
To uninstall an application
- Click the 'Programs' link on the left-hand side navigation.
- All the applications in the system will be displayed on the right-hand side of the main configuration area.
- Select the program that is to be uninstalled.
Tip: You can select multiple programs to be uninstalled at once. Hold down the 'Shift' key to select more than one program.
Tip: You can also uninstall using CPM by right clicking on any application shortcut or the application’s name in the ‘Start’ menu. Click here to read more.
- The windows installer will be displayed.
- Click 'Yes to Uninstall the product.
- The details about the selected program will be displayed in the right-hand side of the pane.
Note: The name of the program to be uninstalled can also be entered in the search field.
- If the status of the selected program is 'Monitored', both the 'Complete uninstall' and 'Make Installer' buttons will be enabled.
Note: The "Make installer" button is enabled only for the applications that are monitored, the ones that are installed after the CPM installation.
- In the right side of the configuration pane, the 'Uninstall' button is enabled.
Note: The Repair and Change buttons are enabled only for certain applications
- An option to uninstall the selected program by using 'Complete uninstall'.
Note: This option is available for Monitored and DB Monitored programs.
- Then you will be asked about backups. To take its enabled please click 'Yes' button.
- A list of files and registry keys associated with the selected program is displayed on the lower part of the pane.
- Uncheck the files and the keys that are not required for backup. This is useful for advanced users only.
- Click 'Continue' button to complete the uninstallation.
- The progress of the uninstallation will be displayed and the program will be uninstalled from your system on completion.
In some cases, some of the files associated with the uninstalled application will not be deleted until you next restart your computer. See the screenshot below:
- Click 'OK' to complete.
Comodo Programs Manager inserts an uninstall option in the shell menu for every application executable or shortcut. This allows the fast uninstall of any application without having to start the CPM GUI. When using this option, ‘CPMUninstaller.exe’ is launched. The application then collects all the information regarding the application, uses the executable file path to make an association with an existing installed application and then follows the same steps CPM follows to uninstall the application.
- Click Start > Programs > Right-click on a program and the option to uninstall using CPM should be visible.
- Alternatively, Right- click on a desktop shortcut to a program.
Ignoring not monitored applications with broken uninstaller
If a problem occurs when uninstalling a not monitored application (the uninstalling process ends with an error) the application may be left in an partially installed state: some application files were left behind but the application won't work and there may be no way to repair or successfully uninstall the application. This is why whenever a uninstall process ends with error a message window appears asking the user if he wants to remove the application uninstall registry. In this case the application information will be removed from the registry and the application will not appear anywhere in the CPM application list or in Windows Programs and Features list. Every other remaining files and registry keys will not be deleted.
Comodo Programs Manager User Guide | © 2011 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved.