To access the 'Backup Settings' option, click 'Settings' in the title bar of the main interface. This feature allows you to configure various settings for the backup files of the uninstalled programs and drivers such as:
- Compression Level - Comodo Programs Manager compresses all backup data into one file with a .cbu extension. You can choose the compression level at this stage of the process. Higher compression levels take up less disk space but the backup and restore processes take longer. Select the compression level you want to use from the drop-down menu.
To specify a password and encrypt the backup
- Select the checkbox beside 'Password Protection'.
- Select the Encryption Algorithm you want to use for encrypting the backup from the drop-down menu.
AES - 128bit / strongest
Serpent - 128,192 or 256 bit / very strong
Xor - Variable block size / weak
Blowfish - 64-bit block / strong
3DES - 168-bit/ strong
Twofish - 128-bit block/ strong
For more details on the Encryption Algorithms, see Appendix 2 Encryption Algorithms.
- Type the password in the 'Password' text box.
- Retype the password in the 'Confirm password' text box.
- Backup Location - By default, the backup files are stored in C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Programs Manager\Backup. It is displayed in the field at bottom of the main configuration area. You can also choose to save the backup files in other location in your system. The disk drives and local folders are displayed as tree structure in the lower panel.
When you chose an alternate location, the path is automatically displayed in the field at the bottom of the configuration area.
- Click the 'Apply' button after the desired backup settings have been made.
Comodo Programs Manager User Guide | © 2011 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved.