Introduction To EasyVPN
Comodo EasyVPN allows users of all experience levels to group multiple computers into their own network by establishing direct and secure VPN connections between them. This peer-to-peer virtual private networking (VPN) application and instant messenger client requires no expert configuration and effectively simulates a local area network over the Internet using 128 bit encrypted SSL connections.
- Comes complete with an instant messenger client that allows you to send and receive chat messages and files over an encrypted communications channel
- Allows you to import and chat to your contacts from popular applications such as MSN Messenger, Yahoo, AIM and Google Talk.
- Allows users to quickly and securely gain 'remote desktop' control over the computers of other users in the network
- Application Sharing feature allows remote contacts to use software that is installed on your machine
- Works on a wide variety of networks and configurations, even those behind Network Address Translation systems (NATs) and corporate firewalls
- Provides full user network authentication prior to connection to servers
- Allows remote workers to access their office machines from their laptop computers
- Enables teams to quickly and easily collaborate on projects
This guide is intended to take you through the step-by-step process of organization, configuration and use of Comodo EasyVPN application.
- Section.1 - Introduction to Comodo EasyVPN, is a high level overview of the solution and serves as an introduction to the main themes and concepts that are discussed in more detail later in the guide.
- Section.2 - Starting Comodo EasyVPN, explains the various methods of initiating the installed application.
- Section.3 - General Navigation, contains overviews pertaining to the main functional areas, including detailed descriptions of each control functionality.
- Section.4 - 'How To...' Tutorials, contains step-by-step guidance on accomplishing common tasks. Includes:
- How To Create A New Network
- How To Join A Network
- How To Gain Access To A Remote Desktop In Your Network
- How To Share An Application With An EasyVPN Contact
- How to Import, Chat to and Manage 3rd Party IM Contacts
- How To Share A Web Browser With A Contact
- How To Connect To Your Own Machines At Home/Work
- How To Leave A Network
- How To Change Your Access Password
- How To Reset Your Forgotten Password
- Section.5 - Comodo EasyVPN Uninstallation, explains how to uninstall the application from your computer.
- Section.6 - Appendix 1 – Obtaining a Digital Certificate, explains how to apply for, download and install your free digital certificate for authenticating yourself to others.
- Section 7 - About Comodo, contains company and contact information.
Comodo EasyVPN User Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved.