How To Connect To Your Own Machine At Home/Work
EasyVPN enables to take control of your desktop at home while you are at work and vice-versa. For example, you might have logged on to your office network from your desktop at office or your laptop and wish to have access to your desktop at home at required situations. EasyVPN provides an easy way to connect to your own machine from another machine seamlessly and securely, without you sitting in front the machine to accept the connection.
To have the ability to connect to your home machine from the machine at work
- Register an account with your primary email address at work computer and another new account at home computer with your alternate email address. See Register a New Account for more details.
- Create a new network and join the network from both of your accounts at work and home. See How to Create a New Network and How to Join a Network for more details.
- Add your username at home as a new contact in the EasyVPN installation at the machine at work.
- Apply for a digital certificate for your primary email address, download and install the digital certificate on your machine at work. See Appendix 1 Obtaining a Digital Certificate for more details on downloading and installing your certificate.
- Configure the mail client on your machine at work to encrypt and digitally sign your emails using this certificate.
- Compose an email to your alternate address from your primary address and send the mail.
- On receiving and opening the mail at your machine at home, your certificate will be installed at the home computer.
- Configure your EasyVPN installation at home as follows:
i. From the main interface click Tools > Options > Desktop Control.
ii. Select the check box 'Allow users to remotely connect to this computer' and click 'Configure'. The 'Configure' dialog will open.
iii. Click Add. The 'Choose User' dialog will open.
iv. Select your username as registered with the primary email address at work. The user name will appear at the upper pane in the 'Configure' dialog.
v. Select your username from the upper pane and select 'Allow automatic remote access' from the lower pane.
vi. Select 'Certification Only' authentication type from the drop-down menu.
vii. Click 'Choose' button to select the access certificate. The 'Select Certificate' dialog will appear.
viii. Select your own certificate and click 'OK'.
ix. Click 'OK' in the 'Configure' dialog.
x. Click 'Apply' in the 'Options' interface for your settings to take effect.
Now your home computer is ready for access from your work computer. All you have to do is to logon to EasyVPN from your home computer with your alternate email address and leave it unattended. You can logon to EasyVPN from your work computer with your primary email address and initiate a remote desktop access control to your home computer. The connection will be established without having to accept the connection request at the home computer.
Comodo EasyVPN User Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved.