The 'General' management interface allows you to configure miscellaneous settings concerning the overall behavior of Comodo SecureEmail application. Click on 'General' button to access this interface. The configuration settings can be done for:
Automatically Check For Updates - When this setting is activated, SecureEmail will automatically connect to the Comodo servers to check for product updates in the background. If you are not currently running the latest version, you will be alerted via a message box and asked whether you wish to install the latest version of the software. Comodo advises users to leave this setting at the default of 'Enabled'.
To manually check for updates
1. Click 'Update now' button. The Upgrade Wizard is started.
2. Click 'Next'. The wizard searches for a new version.
If there is a new version available, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version of Comodo SecureEmail.
Outlook Plug-in Override Mode
Comodo SecureEmail handles the encryption, signing and other security aspects of the mails sent through Outlook as per the Security Settings configured in the Security Settings management interface.
You can also manually switch off/on the encryption or signing for a specific mail, by clicking the Encrypt button or Digitally Sign button from the Comodo SecureEmail toolbar or from the Standard toolbar in the Outlook interface when required. When you are selecting the encryption or the signing options manually, an override prompt will appear to check whether you want to override the settings of Comodo SecureEmail.
- If you click Yes, Comodo SecureEmail will be switched to Override Mode and a Override button will appear in the CSE toolbar. You will be able to setup sign/encrypt for the current email manually and Outlook will send the email with your options.
- If you want to cancel the Override mode and return back to the previous security settings mode of Comodo SecureEmail, click the drop-down arrow beside Override and select 'Cancel Override'.
The Outlook Plug-in Override Mode setting in the General Settings interface allows you to configure whether or not the you want the override prompt should appear when you are overriding the Security Settings of Comodo SecureEmail from the Outlook interface.
- Select the check box 'Show Override Mode prompt' if you want the prompt to be displayed when you override the Security Settings of Comodo SecureEmail from the Outlook interface;
- Click 'Apply' for your settings to take effect.
Comodo SecureEmail User Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved.