Comodo Time Machine
The User Settings interface allows you to configure the user accounts for Comodo Time Machine. CTM is pre-configured with one default user 'Administrator' with full rights to access all the functionalities of the application.
The Administrator can create any number of users and grant full/limited access to the functionalities of the application through this interface. To access the User Settings interface, click User Settings tab from the Settings interface.
- Disable access control - No user access control will be implemented. CTM will not require username or password to be entered to access the functionalities to the application.
- Enable access control - User access control will be implemented. CTM will require a registered username or password to login to main console, quick console and the sub-console that appears during system startup. The user will be allowed to access only the functionalities as assigned by the Administartor. Note - You can add or edit Administrator and user accounts, only if you select 'Enable access control'.
Important Note: Comodo Time Machine is pre-configured with a default user 'Administrator' and is not specified with a password. When you select 'Enable access control' for the first time, you MUST specify a password for the Administrator account, otherwise you will not be able to access CTM on the next restart of the application. The specified password applies for all the operating systems with which your system is bootable.
To edit Administrator account and set a password
1. Select 'Enable access control', select the 'Administrator' and click 'Properties'. The User Properties dialog will appear.
2. Type your preferred password in the Password text box and retype the same in the Confirm Password text box.
3. By default, the Administrator is provided access to all the functionalities of the application. If you want to change those, select only the functionalities to be granted access to the Administrator and deselect the others in the Options area.
4. Click OK to save your settings.