The 'Computers' Area
The 'Computers' area provides administrators with an at-a-glance summary of the status and quantity of imported computers. This area also provides a shortcut to the full 'Computers' management window.
The total number of imported computers is the sum of 'Managed' + 'Unmanaged'. 'Online' computers are a sub-set of 'Managed' computers (i.e. those Managed computers that are actively connected to CESM central service).
'Online' computers are those that are actively connected to CESM central service. This means they are (i) Managed (ii) Have the Agent installed on them (iii) Are powered on. Computers in this state are ready for Tasks. Each computer in this state uses one license.
'Managed' computers have been brought under the control of CESM but are not 'Online' so are not ready to accept Tasks. This can include:
- Computers that are Managed but do not have the Agent installed and are therefore not capable of connecting to central service
- Computers that are Managed + Agent installed but are powered off
Each computer in this state uses one license.
- 'Managed' computers can be brought to 'Online' status by installing the CESM Agent or simply switching the machine on as appropriate. Please see The Install Agent Wizard page if you need help with installing the Agent.
'Warranties' - The Warranted computers are those that are actively connected to CESM central service. This means they are:
(ii) Have the Agent installed on them
(iii) Have CIS version 4.0 or above installed on them
(iv) CESM Warranty has been enabled on the computer
(v) Are powered on. Computers in this state are ready for Tasks.
- CESM Warranty provides a warranty coverage for any damage caused by malware to a managed endpoint installed with CIS. The number of warranties will be equal to the number of endpoint licenses that the administrator has signed for. Each computer in this state uses one warranty.
- Please note that the warranty coverage is available only if you have chosen 'I am interested in ESM warranty' during the installation of CESM. The coverage is only for the damage caused by the malware and not to hardware or any other non-malware related damages.
'Unmanaged' computers are those that have been imported but are not controlled by CESM. Computers in this state do not use any licenses.
'Unmanaged' computers can be brought to 'Managed' status by clicking the 'Show Computers' link then right-click on the desired computer and select 'Control > Manage' from the menu.
Show Computers - Clicking this link will open the Computers window which provides granular control over imported endpoint computers and networks.
Further reading related to the topic of this page:
Assigning Managed Status to Imported Computers;
Installing the CESM Remote Agent;
The 'Computers and Group Manager' Windows.
Comodo Endpoint Security Manager User Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved