Importing Computers by IP Addresses
Choosing to IP based import will open up the following configuration dialog:
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Add button.
The computers can be added into CESM through IP-based import by three methods.
To import an individual computer by specifying IP Address/DNS Name, select the option IP Addresses/DNS Names from the drop-down menu, enter the IP Address or the DNS name of the individual computer in the IP Address properties dialog and click OK.
Note: Clicking the Add button will enable you to import an individual computer by specifying IP Address/DNS Name. Through this method, only one computer can be added at a time. To add more number of computers the processes can be repeated.
To import Computers by specifying IP Addresses and Subnet mask, select the option IP Addresses and Subnet masks from the drop-down menu, enter the IP Address and the Subnet masks in the IP Address and Subnet mask properties dialog and click OK.
To import a group of computers by specifying their IP Address range, select the option IP Address Ranges from the drop-down menu, enter the IP Address range in the IP Address Range properties dialog and click OK.
CESM can manage an unlimited number of networked computers so, administrators should repeat this process until all computers for which management is required have been successfully imported.
Note: Licenses are required for each computer you wish to manage.
- The added computers are listed in the next dialog. You can select or deselect the computers to be added from this screen by selecting/deselecting the checkbox beside each computer name.
- Click Next.
- Click 'Previous' if you want to review and change the setting made in the previous steps or click 'Next'. The import progress will be indicated and the Import Finished dialog will be displayed on successful import of the computers.
- If you want to assign Managed Status to all the computers, select the checkbox 'Manage imported computers' and click 'Finish'. If you want to assign Managed status selectively, uncheck the check box and click Finish.
The new computers will be added to the Computer tree in the Computers window.
Administrators now have the following broad options:
- Add More Computers: Administrators can add further computers to the list by repeating the Active Directory Import Process and/or using by using the Workgroup import process.
- Create Groups from these Computers: Creating user-defined groups of computers is perhaps the easiest and fastest way to roll out tasks to multiple machines or entire networks. Please refer to the section 'Managing Groups of Computers' for more details on the steps involved in this process.
- Manage these computers: At this stage, all computers and/or domain controllers in the Workgroup have 'Unmanaged' status (Unmanaged status is indicated by the Grey color of the icon next to the computer's name). In order for CESM to establish control of these computers, two further actions must be taken:
(1) Assign "Managed" Status to the computer(s). Full instructions on how to create managed computers can be found in section Assigning Managed Status to Imported Computers.
(2) Install CESM Remote Agent on the computers. Full instructions on installing agents onto computers can be found in section Installing CESM Remote Agent.
Workgroup computers will not be imported if they are not powered on. Any Workgroup computers that were previously powered-off or disconnected from the network can be imported into the list by re-running the 'Workgroup Import' process.
Any newly added computers can be imported into the list by re-running 'Active Directory' Import or 'Workgroup Import' using either of the two methods outlined above. The list of computers displayed in the tree can also be refreshed by right clicking in the Computer List pane and selecting 'Refresh' from the context sensitive menu.
Comodo Endpoint Security Manager User Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved