The Notification Monitor Window
The 'Notification Monitor' enables the administrator to view (and react to) all service status messages sent by CESM Central Service. 'Notifications' are messages sent to the CESM Administrative Console by the CESM Central Service in response to service related commands issued by the Administrative Console. A service related command issued by the CESM Administrative Console includes items such as installing or un-installing the CESM Remote Agent on a target machine and notifications on CIS events such as Antivirus database updates, completion of an on-demand or scheduled scan etc.
- The Notification Monitor window enables the administrator to view messages regarding the success or failure of commands issued to the CESM Central Service such as Install / Un-install CESM Remote Agent.
- The Monitor also displays warnings and critical messages sent by the Central Service regarding issues such as service connection status and service crashes.
- Administrators should take care to differentiate the Notification Monitor from the Task Result window (which is used to monitor the success or failure of user-defined Tasks such as the installation of Comodo Internet Security on target computers).
- Administrators will find the Notification Monitor especially useful when troubleshooting any issues relating to the installation of the CESM Remote Agent on target computers.
- The Notification Monitor is intended to quickly inform the administrator of the latest events. Once individual Notifications have been viewed/and or dealt with, the administrator has the option to clear them from the list.
- The Notification History window is a permanent archive of all Notification messages and can be referenced should the administrator wish to view messages that were removed from the Notification Monitor.
Comodo Endpoint Security Manager User Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved