Create Agent Installation Package
The 'Create Agent Installation Package' wizard allows administrators to create a convenient folder containing Agent and software installation packages. This folder can then be copied over to local machines and, by running the ‘Local Installation’ wizard contained in the folder, will install all required components.
This folder will contain:
- The latest version of the CESM Agent.
- The Administrators choice of Comodo Software.
- The ‘Local Installation’ wizard. This is a single executable called ‘Setup.exe’. Running ‘Setup.exe’ will start a wizard that will offer to install the packages that are in the folder - meaning the Agent and any Comodo packages that were selected during this wizard. Software packages will be installed with the specific configuration for the chosen software (for example, the CIS security profile).
Most networks have a range of different machines that require slightly different installation plans. With this in mind, administrators may find it useful to create more than one custom folder and name those folders accordingly. For example '32_bit_CIS_Proactive_Security ' could be the name of a folder that contains everything that needs to be installed on a 32 bit Windows system - namely the Agent and the 32 bit version of CIS with the 'Proactive Security' profile. The packages in this folder can then be referenced whenever the Administrator needs to perform similar tasks.
- To begin, open the CESM Administrative console and click 'Tools > Create Installation Package....'. This will open stage 1 of the wizard: Path Selection:
The default path is to save a new folder on the desktop called 'CESM Agent'. Administrators may want to use the 'Browse...' button to create a folder with a more descriptive name.
- Next, administrators need to select which packages they wish to include in the new folder:
- Use the checkboxes on the left to select the packages you wish to install.
- The latest version of the Agent is automatically added to the folder and is therefore not one of the choices.
- The example above lists the 32 and 64 bit versions of the CIS installation package and the CDE installation package (same .msi can be used on 32 and 64 bit operating systems).
- Arguments - click the blue underlined text to open a menu that will allow you to select configuration options that you would like to be installed when the package is run. The choices for CIS are:
- Install all components (Default- This will install both the Antivirus and Firewall components)
- Install firewall components only
- Install antivirus components only
- Click 'Upload package....' if you would like to upload a different .msi installer.
- Click 'Next' when you are happy with your selection.
- If you chose to install 'All Component' in the previous stage then you next need to select a security profile for CIS. If you chose to install only the Firewall or only the Antivirus then this stage is skipped.
- If you chose 'Firewall Only' as the Argument in the previous stage then the 'Firewall Security' profile is automatically implemented.
- If you chose 'Antivirus Only' as the Argument in the previous stage then the 'Antivirus Security' profile is automatically implemented.
- If you chose 'All Components' as the Argument in the previous stage then you can choose from 'Endpoint Security', 'Firewall Security', 'Internet Security' and 'Proactive Security' configuration profiles.
Sequence Manager > Table of Actions contains more in-depth descriptions of security profiles (use the 'Back' button on the top-left of this guide to jump back here afterward).
When you run the .msi package, it will install CIS with the security profile chosen here.
Click 'Next' to confirm your choice and proceed.
- A confirmation screen will prompt you to create your new custom packages and installation folder. The final screen offers a summary of the location and composition of your new package folder.
- Leave the 'Open folder with the package' box checked and click 'Finish' to view your new folder.
- After copying the folder to the required endpoint, open the folder at the target endpoint and double click on the file setup.exe to start the CESM Agent Setup Wizard.
CESM Agent Setup Wizard
- The first stage of the installer is the introduction screen. Click 'Next >' to continue.
- Before commencing the installation of Comodo Agent Package, the wizard will check for any incompatible products. This includes items such as third party antivirus/firewall products. The wizard will list any discovered products that are incompatible and offer you the opportunity to uninstall them (highly recommended):
- Select the checkbox next to the name of the product(s) you wish to remove then click 'Uninstall'. The computer may need to be rebooted to complete the uninstallation.
- The next stage is to install CIS and the Agent. The installer will first check whether any of these items are already installed. You must first uninstall any older versions of CIS or the Agent that are detected.
- To commence the installation, ensure both products are selected in then click 'Install'. The computer will need to be rebooted to finalize installation.
Comodo Endpoint Security Manager User Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved