- The Central Service and the Administrative Console have been installed (See Installing Comodo Endpoint Security Manager for more details).
- If the administrator intends to manage more than the 5 machines allowed under the trial license, that a license that permits the management of the number of machines required by the administrator has been purchased and loaded (For more details, see 'The CESM License Loader', 'How to purchase a New License', and 'How to Load a New License' sections).
- The Network structure has been imported (See Importing Network Structure for more details).
- To imported computers has been assigned status 'Managed' (See Assigning Managed Status to Imported Computers for more details).
- The remote Agent on target workstations has been installed (See Installing CESM Remote Agent for more details).
- All target computers have been powered on.
- Any versions of Comodo products, that were not designed to be managed by Comodo Endpoint Security Manager have been manually uninstalled from target machines (This includes the .exe versions available for download from, for example, http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/). CESM is designed to manage Comodo products that have been installed using a .msi installer.
Note: Since CESM version 1.4, alternatives to the procedures shown in this page are available. These alternatives are noted inline where applicable. However, here is a list of those alternatives in full:
Comodo Endpoint Security Manager User Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved