Logging-in to the Administrative Console
After installing ESM central service on a Windows server, admins can access the console in the following ways:
- On the server itself by opening:
Start > All Programs > Comodo > Endpoint Security Manager >ESM Console
- Via web-browser from any other machine
Use the following address convention to access the console
https://<server hostname or IP address>
- Where <server hostname or IP address>
is the server upon which ESM central service is installed.
- 57194 is the DEFAULT https port configured for the service. If you changed this port number during installation or by using the configuration tool then modify the address accordingly.
- If you wish to check which server names, IP addresses and port numbers are currently in use, please open the configuration tool on the server by opening.
Start > All Programs > Comodo > Endpoint Security Manager >ESM Configuration Tool
|Note: If you receive a browser security error, you have not installed an SSL certificate from a Certification Authority. If you will not be installing a custom certificate, you can download the self-signed certificate in your browser by clicking 'Get server certificate' at the bottom of the login screen. You can then install the certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities section on machines which will be accessing the console to eliminate the browser warning.|
- If the console is opened for the first time from the server in which it is installed or any machine in the local network, Internet Explorer displays a warning message indicating that the Intranet Settings are disabled. The context of the login is that of the server computer on which the ESM Server service is running (not the computer running the administrative console). If the ESM Service is running on a domain, use the domain\username syntax to specify the user name (e.g. contoso\administrator).
Performance-wise, ESM works fine with either Intranet or Internet settings. ‘Internet settings’ provide a more secure connection to the ESM server than ‘Intranet settings’ but, if the connection is within your internal network anyway, this may not be necessary. Click the alert bar if you wish to switch on ‘Intranet settings’. Close the alert bar to keep ‘Internet settings’.
Login to the console using the Windows administrator user ID and password of the system that ESM was installed on to begin using your software.
Next - The Dashboard Area