Comodo AntiSpam - Introduction
We are all too familiar with the world-wide plague of spam. Spam messages are commonly sent by advertisers trying to sell their products and services. But majority of the messages are unsolicited, annoying and build up junk in the email box. Spam messages are also used by criminals for committing various sorts of fraud, spreading viruses, luring people for illegal activities, identity theft, phishing etc.
Spammers come up with clever ways to beat the run-of-the-mill passive spam filters, which scan the content of incoming email messages to determine whether they are spam or not. Spammers use cryptic characters in the subject and body of spam emails for camouflage, making them to appear genuine.
Comodo AntiSpam is different. It doesn't look at the content of the email to determine whether it is spam or not. Rather, this patent-pending product authenticates the SENDER of each incoming email message, providing the most powerful measure of AntiSpam protection available.
During installation, your email address book is imported by Comodo AntiSpam to form a foundation of allowed senders. If an email arrives from an unknown sender, Comodo AntiSpam automatically sends a challenge message to that sender asking them to reply with your AntiSpam Passcode. The AntiSpam Passcode is sent along with the challenge message in a graphical form, text form or even the sender is asked to enter the passcode agreed mutually between the two parties (sender and you) beforehand, as specified by the you. When the reply message is received and the passcode is found to be correct, that sender's original email and all subsequent email from that sender are passed to your inbox.
Comodo AntiSpam supports Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Messenger, Opera or any email application accessing POP3 email accounts.
Comodo AntiSpam provides the following features:
- Spam Elimination using Passcode Authentication Technology, which is an active filtering algorithm that authenticates the SENDER of each incoming email message, eliminating spam once and for all!
- Plug and Play operation: Simply install AntiSpam and then begin enjoying spam free email.
- AntiSpam operates in the background, so you don’t have to change a thing about how you access your email.
- Authentication Database (ADB): The Authentication Database stores email address of your friends and foes (spammers being the foes). Click here for more details.
- Quarantine Database (QDB): The Quarantine Database allows you to view the messages, which are pending authentication. You can authorize or block emails directly from the Quarantine Database. Click here for more details.
- Supported Email Accounts: POP/SMTP. The next release will include IMAP, Exchange and AOL.
- Supported Email Programs: Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape Messenger and any other POP/SMTP enabled email program.
- Address Import facility: Import your address book into the Authorization Database.
- Spam Reporting Mechanism built into the Passcode Authentication Technology.
- Server Synchronization: Access you email from any computer with AntiSpam installed and you never lose the current state of your Passcode Authentication.
- Support for distribution lists.
- Support for automated e-commerce receipt messages.
Comodo AntiSpam Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved.