The Quarantine Database
Comodo AntiSpam uses the Quarantine Database (QDB), to hold all emails pending authentication. When you retrieve your email using your email client application (e.g. Outlook Express or Outlook), AntiSpam checks the senders email address against all email addresses in the ADB. If a match is not found, the email message is temporarily stored in the QDB and a AntiSpam Alert message is automatically sent to the sender of the unauthorized email message requesting a response containing your AntiSpam passcode. Comodo AntiSpam provides a Quarantine Database viewer where you can manually Allow or Block the senders of any or all of the email messages held in the Quarantine Database. Click on Quarantine Database to view QDB viewer.
Select Email Account: Comodo AntiSpam maintains a Quarantine Database for each of your email accounts. Use this control to select the email account for which you want view QDB.
Hold Messages: This setting can be used to specify the period of time (hold-time) for which an email is to be held quarantined from the date of receipt. On lapse of this time, the email message is deleted permanently. Click here for more details.
Display Reminder: Comodo AntiSpam provides a reminder to check the Quarantine Database. This setting can be used to specify the time interval between reminders. Click here for more details.
Quarantined Messages: The list of email messages maintained in the quarantine database is displayed here. You can individually select each mail or select all the mails to perform manual controls like 'Allow Sender', 'Block sender' and so on from this list. A preview of the selected mail is displayed in the box below. You can disable preview by selecting the check box - Disable Message Viewer.
Manual Control: The buttons in this area allows you manually specify the action to be performed on the selected mail in the Quarantined Messages list. Click:
- Allow Sender - To allow all the messages from the sender of the selected message in future.
- Allow Domain -To allow all the messages from the host domain of the selected message in future.
- Block Sender - To block all the messages from the sender of the selected message in future.
- Block Domain - To block all the messages from the host domain of the selected message in future. Refer Allowing/Blocking Senders and Domains from the QDB for more details.
- Select All - To select all the displayed messages for a manual control.
- Delete - To delete the selected message permanently. Refer Manually Deleting Spam from the QDB for more details.
- Report as Spam - To report that the selected message is a spam, to the Comodo. Refer Reporting Messages as Spam for more details.
Comodo AntiSpam Guide | © 2010 Comodo Security Solutions Inc. | All Rights Reserved.