It is estimated that traditional antivirus software can only catch 40% of all malware in the world today. The other 60% are 'unknown'. An advanced persistent threat (APT) is an 'Unknown' piece of malware that is so well disguised it can be months before a traditional anti-virus catches up to it. During this time, these malicious files continue to reside on the victim's computer, executing their payloads all the while.
The Comodo UFH tool is a lightweight scanner which identifies unknown, and potentially malicious files, residing on your network. After scanning your systems, it will classify all audited files as 'Safe', 'Malicious' or 'Unknown'. While 'Safe' files are OK and 'Malicious' files should be deleted immediately, it is in the category of 'Unknown' that most zero-day threats are to be found. The UFH scanner allows you to upload these files to our Valkyrie servers where they will undergo a battery of run-time tests designed to reveal whether or not they are harmful. You can view the results of these tests in the UFH interface.
- No installation required, just run the portable application on any computer in the network
- Capable of scanning computers from Active Directory, Work Group and by Network Addressees
- Unknown files can be automatically uploaded to Comodo Valkyrie and tested for malicious behavior
- Comprehensive reports provide granular details about the trust level of files on your endpoints
This guide is intended to take you through the use of Comodo UFH and is broken down into the following main sections.