Comodo BackUp is a powerful and easy to use desktop application that helps home and business users protect their valuable data against damage or loss.
The application's streamlined design and task orientated architecture means even novice users can learn how to create, run and restore their first backup job in a matter of minutes. Other features include full scheduling, password protection, a backup integrity checker and a range of preset backup jobs that allow you to quickly create copies of important data sets such as the Windows Registry, mail accounts and user settings.
Comodo BackUp is also seamlessly integrated to Windows Explorer so that you can just select the folders or files you want to back up, right click on them and quick start the Back Up wizard.
Features and Benefits:
- Quick backup of entire drives or individual files or folders to your local computer, network drive, FTP server or Comodo's online server.
- Step by step wizards to guide even novice users through the entire backup, restore and scheduling procedures.
- Flexible storage options allow you to specify full, incremental or differential backups.
- Protection of invaluable personal and business data from loss or corruption.
- Quick recovery of files with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Granular scheduling options to take automatic backups at a time that suits you.
- Real-time backups synchronization feature to get your files copied over as soon as you save them.
- Built in checker to confirm the integrity of your backup files before committing to a restore.
- Backup presets including mail folders, windows registry, messenger archives and master boot records.
- Powerful encryption options to protect your files so that it cannot be accessed by anyone but you.
- De-duplication feature ensures more efficient utilization of storage space.
- Comodo Cloud - online file storage service. Backup your files to a highly secure online storage which can also be mounted as a virtual drive in your system.
- Command line and scripting support to automate the online backup and restore operations.
Comodo Cloud is our highly secure online file storage service and provides fast and easy access to your important files from anywhere in the world. All files you store online can be browsed through the Comodo Backup interface or by logging in at https://ccloud.com/. In fact, there’s many ways to access your online files:
- Through the web interface - Open a browser and log into to your account at https://ccloud.com to access your files from wherever you are in the world.
- Through the Comodo Backup application - Comodo Backup has a built in file explorer that allows you to easily manage your online files. Please refer to Managing files on Online Storage for detailed explanations. You can directly choose to store your backup files created through the application, in your online storage space.
- Through the CCloud client - The CCloud client is a small application designed to simplify and improve the way you interact with your online files. The client:
- Allows you to mount your online storage space (Comodo Cloud) as a virtual drive and to access it like a normal physical drive, i.e., you can backup/restore files to/from your online storage space through Windows Explorer.
- Displays a drop-zone whenever you drag a file/folder to easily drop them into your online storage space, the drop-zone also accepts text snippets, web links and bookmarks.
- Stores your print screen images automatically as date/time stamped jpeg images in your online storage space.
- Enables automatic synchronization of backed-up files and folders between your system and the online storage - meaning any change you make in the file or folder in your system will be immediately reflected in its backup in the online storage space.
Provides quick links for you to upgrade your account to get additional online storage space. For more details on using the Comodo Cloud client, refer to the online user guide at http://help.comodo.com/topic-154-1-280-2592-Comodo-Online-Storage---Introduction.html.
- Through the CCloud Drive - You can mount your online storage space as a virtual drive in your computer using the CCloud Drive program. The virtual drive enables you to access the folders and files from your online storage as you would with any local drive or partition. For detailed explanation, refer to the dedicated CCloud Drive guide at http://help.comodo.com/topic-154-1-512-5893-Introduction-to-Comodo-Cloud-Drive.html
- Through the CCloud Android app - The CCloud app allows you to access your files from any Android ‘phone or tablet. For detailed explanation on using CCloud app refer to our guide at http://help.comodo.com/topic-154-1-453-4850-Comodo-Cloud-for-Android---Introduction.html
This guide is intended to take the user through the installation, configuration and use of Comodo BackUp.
- Comodo BackUp - Introduction - An overview of the application.
- System Requirements - Minimum required Hardware and Software for the installation
- Installing Comodo BackUp - A brief outline of the installation procedure
- Starting Comodo BackUp - How to start the application
- The Main Interface - Description of Menus and Options in the main interface.
- Backup - Guidance on creating Backups
- Profile - Describes how to backup different kinds types of filesfolders
- Restore Your Files and Settings - Detailed help on every stage of restoring your files and settings from the backup files.
- Managing Your Backups - Description and guidance on usage of the history details maintained by Comodo BackUp, editing pre-configured backup schedules and mounting backups as virtual drives
- Configuring Your Comodo Cloud (online storage) Account - Details on creating and viewing your online account in Comodo Server
- Comodo BackUp Settings - Details on configuration of overall behavior of the application.
- Comodo BackUp Feedback - The feedback feature allows users bi-directional communication with the Comodo BackUp development community.
- Using Live Help - Guidance on configuration and usage of GeekBuddy.
- Using the Command Line Interface and Script Files - Details on Using the Command Line Interface and Script Files used by backup, restore and scheduling functionality from the Windows command line interface.
- Uninstalling Comodo Backup - A brief outline on uninstalling the application.
- Getting Support - Guidance on how to get technical support for Comodo BackUp.
- Appendix 1 Encryption Algorithms - Details on Encryption Algorithms used by Comodo BackUp for encrypting and storing your backup files.
- Appendix 2 Comodo Backup Error Codes - Brief description of error codes.
- Appendix 3 Comparison of CCloud Packages - Details list of CCloud packages.