Enabling/Disabling Sync Settings
The 'Sign in' feature allows you to upload your Comodo Dragon configuration details (browser preferences, bookmarks, extensions, applications and themes) to your Google Account. Synchronizing your configuration means it can be downloaded to any other computer that you have Dragon installed. This means you can quickly implement the same Dragon settings on other machines and you will not have to go through the process of customization or importing again.
To set up synchronization:
- Click the Comodo Dragon icon at the top-left corner.
- Select 'Sign in' from the main menu type your mail and password.
- Click Settings to customize sync settings.
- Click on 'Sign in to Dragon' button.
- Log-in to your Google Account.
- The 'Sign in with your Google account ' dialog will open.
- Enable 'Ok, sync everything' button to synchronize all available data.
- Click 'Advanced' link if you wish to synchronize only specific items.
You can stop synchronization through Comodo Dragon or through your Google Account.
You have the option to stop synchronization only (your Google account
will retain data that has already been uploaded BUT will not update with
any further changes you make), clear existing data only or both.
- Navigate the Comodo Dragon icon at the top-left corner.
- Select Settings -> Click 'Disconnect your Google Account' button.
- Click 'Manage your synced data on Google Dashboard' link also removes previously upload data.
If you click 'Disconnect your Google Account' in Comodo Dragon settings:
- This machine will no longer update the synced data in your Google Account.
- Existing data will not be deleted, it will just no longer receive updates from this machine (unless you also click 'Manage sync data on Google Dashboard').
- Your Google Account will continue to be updated with changes made to Dragon on your other synced machines (unless you also disable it on those too).
- Click 'Disconnect account' to disable synchronization.
An entry will be created in your Google account called 'Chrome Sync'. You can stop synchronization by clicking 'View data stored with this account' (next to the 'Dashboard') then scrolling to 'Chome Sync'. Click 'Stop sync and delete data from Google' to discontinue synchronization and to erase previously uploaded data.
If you click 'Stop sync and delete data from within your Google' account:
- Syncing will be switched off at the account level and will no longer receive updates from any of your Dragon installations.
- Existing data will be also deleted.