The Share Page Button
It’s no secret that social networking websites play an ever more important role in our lives, allowing us to easily share information, news and the latest updates with our network of friends. To make it even easier to share a web-page, we added a social media button to the top right of the browser toolbar:
Apart from the added convenience, this button is also a far more secure way of accessing your account.
Recently, the security of 'Share' buttons embedded on web pages has been called into question. In a 'clickjacking' attack, the 'Share' button on a malicious website will open a fake login page where you will be asked to enter your user-name and password. The hackers will then have access to your account. In another type of attack, the 'Share' button will share a completely different website to the one you are looking at. This means you could unwittingly recommend phishing websites, malware downloads or XXX sites to your network of friends.
The Dragon social media button will always open the genuine Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn website and allow you to safely login and share the page. It is good practice to use this button instead of the 'Share' buttons on the websites themselves.
- To share a web-page, click the 'Share Page' button
- Select the social network you want to log in to. The Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn page will open in a new window
- Click 'Options' to configure settings for this button:
- You can modify the name and URL of existing social networks
- To add a network, click the 'Add' button and enter the name and URL of the service 'share' page. Click 'Save' to confirm your choice. Your new network will be available when you click the 'Share Page' button
- To remove a network, select the check-box next to the service in question and click 'Delete'
- Click the 'Reset' button to remove all user defined networks and return to the default selection of networks (currently Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter)