The Main Interface
Comodo Cleaning Essentials streamlined interface provides fingertip access and control over all functional areas of the software.
The main interface of the application has the following areas:
The Scan Configuration and Utility Area contains links that allow you to start scanning your system for potential malware and also contains the KillSwitch utility.
- Smart Scan - Run scan on memory, autorun entries, hidden services, critical areas like critical registry keys, system files, system configuration and boot sectors for possible infection by malware, viruses and spyware.
- Full Scan - This section allows you to run a full scan of your system for malwares, viruses and spywares.
- Custom Scan - This section allows you to customize your scan for malwares, viruses and spywares in your system.
The top right corner of the main interface contains the links 'Options', 'Tools'and 'Help' that allow you to configure the application and launch the online help guide.
- Options - Allows you to configure various settings in the application.
- Tools - Allows you to manage Quarantined items, Trusted Vendor list and virus database. Also contains shortcuts to open KillSwitch and Autorun Analyzer.
- Help - Launches the online help guide
At the bottom of the main interface, the version information of the software is displayed.