The Share Page Button
Social networking websites play an important role in our lives, allowing us to easily share information, news and the latest updates with our network of friends. Comodo Dragon allows you to share the web page you are viewing with your friends and family by just clicking the social media button at the top right of the toolbar.
Apart from the added convenience, this button is also a far more secure way of accessing your account.
Recently, the security of 'Share' buttons embedded on web pages has been called into question. In a 'clickjacking' attack, the 'Share' button on a malicious website will open a fake login page where you will be asked to enter your user-name and password. The hackers will then have access to your account. In another type of attack, the 'Share' button will share a completely different website to the one you are looking at. This means you could unwittingly recommend phishing websites, malware downloads or XXX sites to your network of friends.
The Dragon social media button will always open the genuine Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn website and allow you to safely login and share the page. It is good practice to use this button instead of the 'Share' buttons on the websites themselves.
- To share a web-page, click the 'Share Page' button
A Share Page dialog will appear as a drop-down. It contains shortcut links to share the web page through your Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts by default. You can add or remove social network sites to this dialog by clicking 'Options'.
- To share the webpage through your desired social networking site, click the respective shortcut.
You will be taken to the respective login page, enabling you to login to your account and share the page.
Note: If you are already logged-in to your account through another tab or another Comodo Dragon Window, clicking the shortcut will directly allow you to share the page.
- To add or remove social networking sites, click the 'Options' button from the 'Share page' dialog.
The page for managing the shortcuts for social networking sites will appear.
- To modify the name and URL of existing social networks, directly edit the respective fields
- To add a new network, click the 'Add' button and enter the name and URL of the service 'share' page. Click 'Save' to confirm your choice. Your new network will be available when you click the 'Share Page' button.
- To remove a network, select the check-box next to the service in question and click 'Delete'.
- Click the 'Reset' button to remove all user defined networks and return to the default selection of networks (currently Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter).