Configuring Advanced Settings
Dragon allows you to improve your browsing experience by using web services for that offer search key predictions, form auto complete and more. Also, you can configure privacy settings help make sure your confidential data remains safe and secure during your online transactions.
To configure advanced security settings
- Click the menu from the top right and select 'Settings'
- Scroll down the 'Settings' page and click 'Show advanced settings'
- Configure your advanced security options under 'Privacy'
- Start browsing in incognito mode – The browser does not store your browsing history, search history or other traces such as cookies. For more information, refer to the section Using Comodo Dragon in Incognito Mode.
a web service to help resolve navigation errors - If you mistype a website address, Dragon uses Google search engine to get suggestions for alternative pages similar to the one you are attempting to reach. This is enabled by default to improve your browsing experience. If you do not want alternative webpage suggestions, deselect this option.
- Do not allow websites to know where you came from (suppress HTTP referrer header) -If selected, Dragon does not allow website owners knowing from which webpage you arrived at their website, for example by clicking the link in the webpage. This option is disabled by default.
- Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar or the app launcher search box. - Refer to the section Prediction Service for details on this option.
- Prefetch resources to load pages more quickly. If enabled, Comodo Dragon will perform the IP look up of all links on the current webpage and fetches their IP addresses. On clicking any of the links, the resultant page will load faster as the IP address of it is already resolved. By default, this option is enabled.
you and your device from dangerous sites – Generates instant alerts you if the website that you are trying
to visit contains malware or suspected phishing attacks. By default,
this option is enabled.
- Enable malware domain filtering (Comodo Secure DNS). If enabled, Comodo Dragon will use Comodo Secure DNS servers instead of default DNS servers provided by your service providers.
- Irrespective of whether or not you have chosen the option 'I would like to use Comodo SecureDNS Servers (with all applications)' or I would like to use COMODO SecureDNS Servers (in Dragon only) in step 4 during installation, selecting this option will force Comodo Dragon to use Comodo SecureDNS for malware domain filtering.
- SecureDNS references a real-time block list (RBL) of harmful websites. These include phishing sites, malware sites, spyware sites, and parked domains that contain excessive advertising. You'll be warned whenever you attempt to access a site containing such potentially threatening content. Our highly secure infrastructure also reduces your exposure to DNS poisoning attacks.
- In addition, enabling Comodo SecureDNS makes the web pages you visit to load faster as Comodo operate a huge network of fully redundant DNS servers located at optimal locations around the world. Your requests for web-pages are always resolved by the high performance DNS cluster closest to you. Hence the websites load faster than if you continue to use the DNS server provided by your ISP (which you share with all their other customers of the ISP).
- Visit http://www.comodo.com/secure-dns/ for more details.
- Send a 'Do not track' request with your browsing traffic -If enabled, this setting informs websites of your preference that they should not track your actions. Please note that, while this setting does afford an additional degree of privacy, websites and advertising networks are not legally compelled to honor these requests.